The Facebook Marketplace has been very successful among the millions of users who use this social network and this acceptance is due to the fact that this function allows Internet users of this social network to buy and sell products; however Marketplace may be absent on new Facebook accounts. In this post we will explain why the Marketplace does not appear in your new Facebook account?
Why is the Marketplace not showing up in my new Facebook account?
One of the conditions that a Facebook user must meet to use Marketplace is not to be new to Facebook ; that is, if your account has been created for a short time, this option is not enabled for you; This is because Facebook wants to protect Marketplace users from fraud, deception or theft.
Many unscrupulous people can join this popular social network with the intention of finding victims who can scam or damage their reputation; That is why Facebook has decided to omit this option for those new users who still do not have any type of history or reputation within this successful social network.
Facebook’s decision not to allow new users to use Marketplace should not discourage you because you can use the buying groups to sell and buy items, you just have to make sure that those products do not violate intellectual property rights.
After using your Facebook account for a while, check if this option was enabled; Facebook does not specify the time that must pass before a new user can enjoy the Marketplace; But while you wait for the process, interact with friends (it’s easy to find old friends on Facebook) and go through the verification process .
Other reasons why the Marketplace does not appear on Facebook:
- You have not updated the Facebook app to the latest version; It is important to frequently update applications to enjoy the latest news.
- It is not available in the country you live or recently traveled to and you have not changed the geographic location of your account.
- Facebook removed your access because you did not comply with trade policies or community regulations; If you don’t agree with the decision, you can request a review and Facebook will respond to you within a week.
- Internet connection failure.
Advantages and disadvantages of buying and selling on Facebook Marketplace:
The Facebook Marketplace tool allows the community of this social network to buy and sell products; This option within Facebook benefits sellers because they can expose their products to a greater number of people, since this social network has a large number of users.
- Facebook users will be able to view the products while browsing on their own.
- You can reach a greater number of users , something that you cannot achieve with a physical store.
- You can use Facebook Marketplace from PC or mobile.
- It offers you products according to your geographical location.
- No commission will be charged for the purchase and sale, the method of payment and delivery of the product will be established by both parties.
- You don’t have to invest a large amount of money to start your little virtual store.
- Direct contact between the seller and the buyer, this is possible thanks to Facebook Messenger. It is not necessary to have the buyer as your friend to send a message through Facebook Messenger.
- Excellent positioning in search engines.
- Some users consider that there is a lot of competition between prices and products.
- You have to be careful of scams, although this does not happen often, you always have to be cautious when buying online because many people use the Internet to cheat and scam.
- You have to constantly renew the ads of your products because Facebook places an expiration date on them.
Facebook is the most popular social network in the world, and this is because year after year it innovates with practical and attractive functions that manage to attract more and more users; One of these tools is Marketplace, which has been widely accepted by the Facebook community. If you have not used it yet, we invite you to learn what it is for and how Facebook Marketplace works.