In this article we will teach you shortcuts due to the complexity of the program, so you can get the most out of it and work with ease. What are some time-saving tricks in Excel? Learn to put it into practice and have fun working; This trick that we will explain is as useful as the one to highlight weekends with conditional formatting and many others that we have on our blog.
To manage within the spreadsheet and main menu
It is very practical if you have a large database in your worksheet, and it is difficult for you to locate the data throughout the work area. Well, you just have to press the key (CTRL + “directional arrow”). If you are going to navigate down it would be CTRL and “down arrow” at the same time. And so on.
Insert rows and Columns. With this simple command. Combine CTRL and the “+” key at the same time. A window will appear in which you will indicate in which ways you will insert the row or column. To delete a row, we select it and press CTRL and the “-” key.
We have a section that explains the selection of cell ranges. Here we will teach you a series of keyboard shortcuts, so that you can navigate within Excel like a professional and do not depend on the mouse too much.
- Combine the CTRL + A keys. It will show you the window to open an Excel file.
- By combining the CTRL + U keys, you can create a new Excel workbook.
- Press the CTRL + B keys. This command will allow you to display the “Search” window. To search for data within the spreadsheet.
- The CTRL + T keys, opens the window to create table.
- With the ALT + F11 keys you open the Visual Basic editor.
- The F12 command opens the “Save as …” window.
- By pressing the CTRL + F2 keys, you invoke the command to print
- To move to another Excel workbook or file, just combine CTRL + F4.
To handle cells and format
- Combining CTRL + C keys, you manage to copy the selected cells
- With the CTRL + K keys, you format the selected cell as italic text.
- With CTRL + N , you apply the bold format to the text.
- CTRL + S, with this command you underline the text inside the cell.
- CTRL + Z , allows you to undo the last action.
- With the CTRL + 1 command, it will show you the cell format window. It should be noted that when using the numbers you use the alphanumeric keys to get the trick to work. If you use the block of number keys located on your right side, it will not work.
- By combining CTRL + F1 , it makes it easy for you to insert a chart.
- To navigate between the active worksheets, use the commands CTRL + Page Down to move to the next sheet, and CTRL + Page to move to the previous sheet.
Replacing words using automatic checker
If you are working with a large volume of data, and they ask you to replace a piece of data several times. Whoops! that this is a very tedious job. Well, we recommend that you follow these simple steps, so that the automatic corrector does that work for you!
- To activate it go to the menu and click on File.
- Go to Options and then Review.
- Click AutoCorrect Options .
- It will show you a window with the field “Replace” and “With”. In the 1st field place the data to replace and the 2nd field with the data you want to place. With those instructions it will do your job, then you will have to deactivate it.
We left this last command because we found it very interesting. It’s Flash Fill . The option is to automatically fill in your data, if it detects a pattern to follow. To do this, you must activate the Flash Fill option. In ” File Options – Advanced” .
There you can establish the pattern to follow. Example: 0001 in the first cell and start writing the next number in the cell below, automatically the Flash Fill command will detect the pattern, and fill in the numbers for you.
It is incredible how with these tricks you will save time in Excel and make your work easier. We only collected a few here, there are more Excel keyboard shortcuts.