Google Photos has been one of the most successful applications. This came from Google+ and was launched in 2015. Through it you can exchange photos and videos and store them unlimitedly on Android, iOS devices and in a computer’s browser. But, if you accidentally deleted a photo or video, this App allows you to view and recover deleted photos and videos from Google Photos, well , it has a backup in the cloud.
However, it is essential to know what Google photos is, what it is for and how it works, in order to be familiar with its salient features; as it is easy to find photos and videos, as it has an extraordinary way of analyzing and organizing images. As well as offering you the option to download all your photos or videos from Google Photos to your cell phone, so you can have better control and backup of your moments.
View and recover deleted photos and videos from Google Photos
Photographs and videos are part of our daily routine, in addition, they allow us to remember pleasant moments and relive them. Therefore, it is important that you learn how you can recover them from Google Photos ; We will explain the process to you:
Recover photos and videos
To start the process of recovering deleted photos and videos from Google, you must do the following:
- Log in with your Google account on your mobile, tablet or computer.
- Go to the menu located in the upper left part, you can identify it with the three horizontal stripes; A drop-down menu will appear where you must choose “ trash” .
- There you can see all the photos and videos that you have deleted ; With one exception: if they have been in the trash for more than 60 days, they will be permanently deleted.
- Now you can press or click on the image or video to recover and choose the “restore” option .
- By doing so, the file will be moved back to the library or the mobile application and you will be able to view it among your content again.
In case you cannot view the photo or video , it is possible that more than 60 days have passed in the trash; or also for having emptied the trash or having permanently eliminated it or also for having deleted it from the application on your mobile or in your library without having created a backup. Therefore, creating or making an automatic backup in Google Photos is 100% recommended.
In the same way, you can also activate the synchronization with google photos on your computer or mobile, so as not to lose any files and thus keep your files up to date, in case a technological accident occurs.
Other alternatives to recover deleted photos or videos from Google Photos
If you have emptied the Google Trash or the 60 days have passed, we want to offer you other alternatives to be able to recover the photos and videos.
Data recovery software
There are various softwares that will allow you to recover files such as photos and videos, among others; They are generally very simple to use and you should not be an expert computer scientist, you just have to make sure that you choose one that is compatible with your operating system.
What you should do is download and install the software on your pc, then connect your mobile to the computer with the USB cable; Now you must start your device so that the software recognizes it and can connect with it.
This type of software analyzes any deleted files and also existing ones; you just have to look for the photo or video you want to recover; to facilitate the search, you can use the filters or choose the option to ” only show deleted files . “ When you find them, you just have to click on the “restore or recover” option.
Recover photos or videos through Google Drive support service
In case you have permanently deleted a photo or video from Google Photos, you can also go to the Google Drive support service; since such files can remain there for up to 21 days after being permanently deleted ; to recover photos and videos do the following:
- Log in with your Google account.
- Go to Google Drive.
- Choose the help button from the top menu, which you can identify with the question mark “?”; there you will be able to access the Google and Drive help center and you will be able to describe the problem and you will have the alternatives; You can ask the assistant for support to recover deleted photos and videos from Google Photos .