Today is day, our personal information is on the web, whether in social networks, blogs or any other type of platform that we use. If this is something that you do not like at all, you are in the right place, because today we will explain how to remove your phone number from your profile or Instagram account in a simple way.
When you create a profile or account on Instagram, as with many other social networks, you are asked for a series of personal information , such as your name, date of birth, email and telephone number. However, many people are not comfortable posting contact information on the internet.
Instagram and other social networks do this so that you can regain access to your account relatively easily and quickly if you forget your password for any reason. If you still want to remove your phone number from your Instagram profile, in the next section we will show you how to do it.
Steps to remove my phone number from my Instagram profile
Below we will list the quick steps you must follow to be able to remove your phone number from your Instagram account through the application. Either from an Android mobile or iPhone, the steps will be the same. Keep reading, and you will see that it is an extremely simple process.
- First, you must open the Instagram app on your mobile and go to your profile.
- Once there, press the ‘Edit’ or ‘Edit profile’ button that is just below your profile description. If you have multiple Instagram accounts open on your mobile, make sure this is the account you want to modify before continuing.
- When you press that button, your data will appear. Swipe the screen to get your phone number and select it. Then you can delete the phone number without any problem as you would delete any other text.
- Once you have deleted it, make sure to click on the word ‘Next’ or, instead, the arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the screen so that the changes are saved.
As you can see, the process that allows you to delete your phone number from Instagram is extremely simple and does not take too long. Once you have finished it, you will receive an email informing you that your phone number has been removed from their database.
Delete my phone number from my Instagram account from the web version
Now, if you don’t really like using the app on your mobile and you prefer the web version of Instagram , this won’t be a problem. From your PC you can also delete your phone number from the profile, as well as you can chat on Instagram without downloading the app. You just have to follow the steps that we will list below.
- Open your browser and go to the Instagram page , where you will have to log in to your account with your data, be it your Facebook or Google account or your username and password.
- Next, you must click on the profile icon , which looks like a bust in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Once in your profile, the procedure is very similar to the one done in the Instagram app. You must click on the ‘Edit profile’ button and look for the section where your phone number is registered.
- Once you find your number, you just have to delete it like any text and then click on the blue button that says ‘Submit’ to save the changes effectively.
By following these simple steps you will have already managed to remove your phone number from your Instagram profile or account quickly and smoothly. If you have multiple numbers linked to your account because it is a business account, you must repeat the same process in order to delete each of the numbers.
We hope this article has been useful to you to eliminate your phone number from your profile or Instagram account to have more privacy and avoid receiving text messages with advertisements from the app. If you liked the article, don’t forget to share it on your social networks.