In Word we can create countless text documents that we can use on a daily basis and with a professional finish, for example; how to make a letter of recommendation with Word step by step , books and more. In a few steps we will teach you the technique for a professional result like making a creative timeline in Word. You can not lose this!
How to make a timeline in Word?
- Within our new text document we must configure it as follows.
- We enter the tab «Format» and there click on «Configure page».
- In the new tab that we open to configure we find flaps to do so, we will click on «Paper» and there modify «Paper size» in that option we must modify from Letter to Legal.
- We modify the “Height” of our page for 33cm and the size of the paper will be changed from Legal to “Personal size”.
- In the tab “Margins” and we modify sizes from “Top, Left, Bottom, Right” to 2 cm in all.
- And finally we modify its orientation to «Horizontal» .
- In this way we have the page ready to start making the timeline.
Perform from timeline.
- We select the “Insert” tab.
- Within this we find the following option, “Forms” and select the arrow to the right.
- We proceed to choose the color of the shape and then create it in the middle of our page.
- We go back to “Shapes” and look for a rectangle, which within the arrow we make we place small squares in another color to make it stand out.
- Inside we place a text to give life to our timeline, each rectangle will have a different name according to the time we want to show in our line.
- We will play with colors to create differences between time. In between these rectangles on the timeline we must place thin elongated rectangles vertically.
- For this we must flip a new rectangle vertically and place the moment of the story line that will go between the middle of the arrow, but from the top with an indicative line.
- Important to these rectangles we must remove the color and leave them white so that only the text is appreciated outside the timeline.
How to place images on the timeline.
- To place images within the timeline you must enter the “Insert” tab and go to “Images” where we select the image to be attached, if there are several images, insert one image.
- We click on “Design Options” on one side of the inserted image and check the “Go in front of the text” option.
- We can make the image smaller so that it only occupies a section of the timeline from the “Crop” tool.
In this way we will form our creative timeline in Word, there are more options to create timelines within Word for example with the «SmartArt» tool where you can create a variety of graphics, and it lets us use designs prepared for each need, in this case has a basic timeline that we can modify to our liking.
Word is a versatile and indispensable tool for students, teachers, professionals because it allows you to create documents in a few steps with very professional purposes, in addition you can make or create organization charts in Word which is of great support for the study and companies that want to improve their imprint . Although we can also create a timeline in Excel quickly and easily if required.
In the PowerPoint style, it allows us to create text documents with several pages to which once finished we can convert them into a modifiable PDF file, in this way our work is professional and editable to make any modification of text, images and add more content to it.