Bullets are crucial elements within the organization of a document, making it a master type and is an accessory found in Office products. This platform offers multiple functions which are oriented towards office work.
Within its functionalities we can find the multiple tools which come within its options panel, in order to give its users greater customization capacity.
This application is designed with the sole purpose of supporting users in the creation of different documents from your computer or from your mobile. These documents can be adjusted to the texts that the user wishes, or failing that, different elements can be added to make them more structured and pleasing to the eye.
In general, when any type of document is produced, it is sought that they are harmonious and orderly . For this, we usually use different visual resources, in order to have this information in order. Based on this, the order elements that most often stand out on a Word sheet are: indentation , color or hierarchy of titles, always trying to comply with the APA standard.
Likewise, there are important elements such as bullets, which help us to simplify the information and order it, either in a specific order or only in such a way that it looks harmonious.
These vignettes are an excellent support and on all occasions, especially if what we want is to design a list in which we expose a certain number of ideas. Here we will teach you how to use the bullets and to place them in a simple way.
How to start a bulleted list on a blank page?
If you are inside a blank page and you start to compose a list, you very possibly need the bullets. To insert it you must follow the following steps:
- Start by opening a page in Word , and then go to the options bar that you can see at the top.
- Once there, go to the section marked ” paragraph “
- Once there, you will see that one of the icons has a button with a numbered list or, failing that, with bullets.
- By pressing it you will see that these bullets automatically take their place and you can start writing. If, on the contrary, you want it to have a different style, you will only have to go to the ” Home” tab.
- To then press the arrow that is located right next to the bullets themselves, there you can choose a specific style, select it and start writing.
To make the bullets advance in a pre-established order, you just have to press the “enter” button, so that new bullets or numbers appear. If you want to end this list, you just have to press “enter” twice and ready to finish the list.
How to reset the numbering at number 1
If you already have a list which you need to follow after a paragraph , but without it continuing with the previous format, here we will explain what to do in these cases:
- The first thing you should do is ” click ” on the first element found in the new list.
- After that, you must proceed to press ” CTRL + ” and start by clicking on the element that you want to place with the new numbering.
- Once this step is ready, you just have to press the cursor on Reset numbering, and that’s it.
How to indent those elements within a list?
- The first thing you should do is select the lines where this list is found. All this in order that the indentation is applied in this space.
- After this, you must go to the tab “Home” and then to the group that says “paragraph”
- Once inside, locate the tab that says “to increase indentation” and automatically , it will adapt to the indentation that is already in the document.
With these simple steps you can organize whatever information is, regardless of the document.