If you are an avid user of social networks, you have surely heard or read about the initiative to eliminate the possibility that your followers see your likes . More, however, although this world has not yet been seen without likes, you can already hide the things you like on Facebook.
As well as if you are a user of a Tinder account and you don’t want all your friends and family to know, Facebook also gives you the option to hide this information.
This initiative, which only allows the owners of their accounts to see who they liked, began with the purpose of making the networks more positive. Nowadays the number of likes you receive means how popular you are. And many people have gotten so carried away by this that Instagram the forerunner of this movement wants users to leave rivalries in the past.
Hide likes everywhere
It is in fact an extension for Chrome and Firefox that allows the user to hide the likes and any other popularity meter within the networks.
It works for any social network, even YouTube or Twitter. When you install it, you only have to indicate to which network you want to apply these changes.
You can hide from your followers the number of views, the number of times a content was shared, the number of followers. And applied to Twitter, for example, the number of retweets .
You can also hide all this from yourself so that you are not so aware of the opinion of others. This is one of the ways you can hide them from seeing the things you like on Facebook.
Methods to hide them from seeing the things you like on Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular networks with a large number of information moving daily. Being able to hide them from seeing the things you like on Facebook also serves as a security and privacy barrier. Believe it or not, that third parties beyond your followers or close friends, see the things you like can involve a risk.
The good thing is that, this social network does not wait any longer and you can deactivate, hide and even delete the likes of a page that you have in a simple way. Everything, within its settings and you can do it from your phone if you want.
Just as you protect yourself, also protect your acquaintances, friends and family, this can be done by hiding your list of followers from your Facebook page.
Disable page likes
- Of course, you must log into Facebook, once there, go to “Settings” found on the upper right side of the page. It’s the down arrow icon.
- Choose “Settings” again . Among the options that appear, go to “Ads settings” and there, “Ads that include your social actions .”
- You can choose between “Only friends” or “No one”. By using this option, you can hide the things you like on Facebook from all those pages you follow. Likewise, they will be denied access to comments or recommendations and all the content you share.
Hide likes on your profile
- In your logged in session, go to “Profile” and select “More” found under the ” Activity log ” option.
- In the “More” window , go to ” Manage Sections ” at the bottom of the list. There, look for ” Like ” and you will see how there is a box to deactivate this option, you just have to check it. Thus, you will ensure that people who enter your profile cannot enter your likes.
Remove likes from your pages
Everyone wants to share their preferences and comments on a publication on Facebook and that can leave you exposed to someone locating you by name, that is why we recommend deactivating the likes of Facebook pages.
- When you log in, from your profile or the main page, go to “Activity log” . In the left section, choose “Pages” and then “Pages, likes and interests”.
- If you do it from your mobile phone, the option is “Filter” and then “Likes”. Here, you will see a list of all the pages and interests that you liked and in chronological order.
- In the arrow icon, make the selection of each one so that options are displayed for each one. You can choose between “Hide from bio” and “Delete”.
Security is essential when we enter the world of social networks, there are many people who like to share their information with their closest friends and acquaintances, and in this way prevent everyone from seeing what you post, Facebook is very coincident of this and that is why it gives you the option to make your photos private.