Instagram is a very complete social network that offers its users excellent functions, such as broadcasting live or making video calls; but if you are visiting this post it is because it has been difficult for you to make video calls; Don’t worry, today we will teach you how to fix the error when making a video call on Instagram easily .
Steps to fix the error when making a video call on Instagram:
The error that arises on Instagram when making video calls can be generated for various reasons, so we will show you several solutions that you can put into practice to solve the problem. These are the steps to follow in each case:
The first thing you should do is check the Wi-Fi or mobile data connection ; since if you have a weak or unstable signal this can affect the connection of your video call.
Restart the mobile:
Restart your mobile device ; Although this solution may seem simple and impractical, many errors that appear on mobile devices are solved by simply turning the computer off and on.
Update the app:
Updating the Instagram application frequently is important because you can enjoy the new version and the latest functions , (it is vital to update all the applications downloaded on the mobile). To do this, go to Google Play or App Store and check if there are any pending updates for Instagram; If there is an update, apply it and when finished restart the mobile.
Check if you have granted all the permissions to the application, that is, if you have the location, camera and microphone active ; If these are inactive in the Instagram application, you will have problems when making the video call. This is what you should do to verify the permissions:
- Go to the “Settings” option in the main menu of your mobile device.
- You will see several options on the screen select “Applications and notifications” (in some devices it is “Application management”).
- Now you will see all the applications downloaded to your mobile, search and select the Instagram app.
- Within the information of the app click on “Permissions” , check if the camera and microphone are active; If these options are activated, the switch will be on the right side and it will be green.
Clear the Instagram cache:
The applications store data or files on the mobile that they then use to function faster, although this is positive for the operation of the app, the moment may come when said information saturates the application and begins to present failures; that’s why it is necessary to clear the cache:
- Enter the “Settings” option located in the main menu of the mobile.
- Click on the “Applications and notifications” option. On some devices it says “Application Management”.
- Find and select the Instagram app.
- In the new screen select “Storage”.
- Click on the gray “Clear cache” button .
If the problem persists, uninstall the application and reinstall on your mobile device; This method is useful when the application fails frequently, uninstalling and installing is as if restarting the app, you should know that with this method you will not lose your publications or followers .
Report the problem:
If after performing the previous steps the error continues when making video calls, report the problem to Instagram technical support; You can easily do this from your account, but this method should be your last option. Follow these steps:
- Login to your Instagram account. If you forgot your password you can still log in easily.
- Click on your profile picture or avatar.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Select “Settings” .
- Find and click on «Help» .
- Now you must select the option «Report a problem» .
- In the pop-up window select “Report a problem”.
- Write the problem and click on «Send».
Follow the steps above and easily fix the error that Instagram generates when making video calls; Whether you use Instagram from your PC or mobile, do not stop being in contact with your friends and family. We will give you 5 tips that will help you make quality video calls.
Tips for making video calls:
- Choose places with good lighting .
- Avoid places with a lot of noise because communication will be difficult.
- Clean the chamber.
- Do not use other apps while making the video call.
- The camera should be at eye level.