Instagram is a very solid social network, but it is not without flaws, that is why many users have experienced that the app closes unexpectedly and throws the error “Instagram has stopped”; If this happens to you frequently and you do not know that doing this post will teach you how to solve the error Instagram has stopped in Android easily .
Why does Instagram stopped error occur on Android?
“Instagram has stopped” this message tends to be annoying and worrying when there is no knowledge of why it happens; However, this error is more frequent than you might imagine and can be generated in other applications that you have downloaded. This error usually occurs for two fundamental factors, first you have not updated the application to the latest version.
Second, applications tend to save information on the mobile that they then use to make their system work faster, this information is saturated and causes failure in the apps. This error is usually more frequent in those mobile devices that have little internal storage and little RAM; because memory quickly becomes saturated with data causing applications to stop.
Methods to fix the Instagram has stopped error:
Update the app:
It is important that you frequently update all the applications on your Android device; This is essential to enjoy the latest features offered by the app, improve its performance and correct errors; If you do not make the updates, the moment will come when the application will throw an error and you will not be able to use it (find out which version of Instagram you have). With these simple steps you can update the Instagram app:
- Enter the main menu of your Android device and open the Play Store app.
- In the upper left corner you will see three horizontal lines, click on them.
- When a menu is displayed, select “My apps and games . “
- In the new screen you must select the “Updates” section , if Instagram has any pending update you must click on the “Update” button, and it will immediately begin to update.
- When the update is finished, go back to Instagram to see if the problem has been solved.
Clear Instagram cache and data:
The Instagram app, like other applications, usually stores data and temporary files on the mobile device in order to facilitate quick access by the system to the stored data ; but in the long run this data can saturate the memory and affect the operation of the app, if this happens it clears the cache of the app. We will show you how to do it (some steps vary depending on the phone model):
- Enter the “Settings” option that is located in the main menu of your mobile.
- Now you must select “Applications and notifications” , on some devices it says “Application manager” or “Applications”.
- All the applications downloaded to your mobile will appear on the screen, search and select the Instagram app.
- Within the application information you must select “Storage”.
- Click on the “Clear cache” button , wait for all the app cache to be cleared.
- Enter Instagram again, if the problem persists you must delete the app’s storage data , for this you must follow the previous steps from 1 to 4; Instead of clicking on “Clear cache” you should click on “Clear storage” or “Clear data”.
- Go back to the Instagram app to check if the error was solved.
When you delete the storage data (step 8) you leave the app as just installed; That is why it is important that you first try to clear the cache (temporary data of the app) if that method does not work then delete the data of the application.
Uninstall the Instagram app:
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the last alternative to follow if the application error persists. It is important that you constantly delete files, applications or images that you do not need from your mobile and it is only taking up space in the memory of your phone.
The “Instagram has stopped” error is easy to fix and does not affect the operation of your Android device ; follow the steps in this post and say goodbye to this annoying problem; But when you use Instagram avoid being deceived by the scams that abound in this social network.