If you are a fan of Apex Legends and need to improve your connection speed, but you don’t know how to do it, you have reached the indicated post. Later we will show you a short guide to learn how to troubleshoot DNS problems and reduce lag and ping in Apex Legends .
Tricks to solve DNS problems
On Xbox One
In case you didn’t know, on the Xbox One console there is the option to easily configure or change DNS. To do this, you just have to go to the configuration section that is in the Xbox main menu.
Then select the section that says ‘Network’ and then click on the ‘Advanced settings’ option. Later you must look for the option that says ‘DNS Configuration’ and click on the ‘Manual’ section.
Finally you have to write 220.127.116.11 in the preferred DNS option and in case it does not work for you, try entering 18.104.22.168, since this is the best alternative.
Change DNS settings on PS4
Now, to solve DNS problems on the PS4 console you have to go to the main menu and select the option ‘Network’. Then you have to go to where it says ‘Set up internet connection’ and there you must choose the option that says ‘wired’ or the other that says ‘wireless’.
To continue, select the ‘IP address configuration (automatic)’ section and then click on the option ‘DHCP hostname (do not use)’. Now, to finish, simply go to the option of ‘DNS Configuration (manual)’ and in the part of ‘favorite area’ write the following: 22.214.171.124
As we mentioned before, if this new DNS does not work and the connection remains the same then you must write the following alternative that always works 126.96.36.199
From the computer
If you play Apex Legends on your computer and you want to change your DNS settings , the procedure is different from the ones we explained above.
To start you must click on the Windows menu icon and then go to the ‘Network Connections’ option. Then open the Etehernet tab and you will see that a new window is displayed with a lot of options, among which you must select ‘Change adapter options’.
Here you have to look for the part that says ‘Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)’ and enter where it says ‘Favorite DNS’ the following: 188.8.131.52. Now, if this combination doesn’t work for you then try entering 184.108.40.206.
How to reduce lag and ping in Apex Legends easily
If you want to speed up the internet connection to play Apex legends either on PC, Xbox One or Playstation 4 then we recommend that you try the following tricks that we will show you below.
Improve connection from Xbox One and PS4
- First of all you must go to the Apex Legends title screen and after waiting 2 minutes simply press the button (depending on the console) to enter the game.
- Now, when you are entering the game you just have to press the B button several times on Xbox One and if you are on PS4 press the ‘O’ button.
- Then you have to look at the bottom left of the screen if a small menu called ‘Data Center’ pops up. To access it you must press the right lever (R3).
- Once you enter this menu you can select from a lot of servers that belong to different countries. Here you have to choose the best server, that is, the one with the lowest number of pings, since this way you can make sure you have a better connection.
In this case, the procedure is similar to the one we explained in the previous section, however it has some different details that you should be aware of.
- To start you have to go to the main screen of the game and after a minute press the ‘Esc’ key.
- Now you will see that a message appears where the game asks you if you want to go to the desktop, here you must click on the ‘Cancel’ option.
- Finally, you will see that a menu appears at the bottom right where you will have at your disposal all the available servers and the ping number of each one. As we mentioned before, you should only click on the server with the least ping .