The advantage that Python has over other programming languages is the ease with which it can be interpreted to create applications . It is just as easy to download the executable from its official website to install and use in Windows.
Although Python has its origins in the 80s it is still an object- oriented programming language that is current. It is used to create programs, games and websites.
As a Windows user, you have the ability to download and install Python from the Microsoft Store . From the store it uses a basic interpreter called Python3 which makes the installation process much easier.
From the store you also get automatic app updates. Now if you want to do the installation on your own, the first thing you have to do is check the version of your Windows , if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Press the Windows keys + Break Pause to see the System data
- Find the operating system version labeled System Type
- Open a browser and go to the official Python page to download the installation file. Select the one that corresponds according to the version of your PC
How to install Python
If you have a Windows 7 version or an earlier Windows installed on your PC, it is best to install all Windows updates previously. If the system is not up to date it can throw an installation error, in particular the Python versions from 3.6 onwards.
If after updating there are still installation failures, it is best to install a Python version prior to 3.6.
- After downloading the installation file, double-click the file to begin the installation or start from the download dialog on the page
- The installation start window opens where you must select the Install launcher for all users (recommended) and Add Python 3.6 to PATH boxes
- Click the Install Now or Install Now button
- If you decide to do a custom installation, click Customize Installation .
- Select the Python features you want to install and click the next button.
- Choose the path where the installation will take place for Python. the default is “C: Python25”, but you can substitute “C: ” to make it easier to write the address in the interpreter
- Wait a few minutes for the installation process to finish. Press the Finish button to close the installation program.
Using Python for the first time
Now it remains to check if the installation does not present failures. Open the console (CMD) and type the command python or python3, so that the version of Python installed is displayed.
- $ python3
Python 3.8.5 (…)
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
If you are going to use Python in a shared GIT programming environment , it can be a very useful tool. Allows you to save projects in open source places like GitHub.
It has a detailed log of all changes made to the code and has its own list of built- in commands . Download GIT from its official website and start the installation process. Leave all the configuration options by default if you do not know how the application works.
Install Visual Studio Code
It is a development environment that has IntelliSense integrated, which is very useful if you are starting to program. It allows detecting syntax errors in the code and has debugging technical support, that is, it shows you the errors when you run the program.
VS Code has its own console or terminal to run Python commands. Also, you can customize your environment and the extensions run in separate processes, ensuring that the editor doesn’t run slow.