In the case that you have bought a PlayStation 4 and you want to learn how to download games without having to turn on the console then you have reached the indicated post. Later we will explain everything you need to know to learn how to download games to the PS4 from the Android cell phone totally free.
Activate sleep mode
Before showing you the procedure to download games to the PS4 from Android, you have to know that all PS4s have sleep mode activated by default, but it is possible that you could have deactivated it at some point.
That is why you have to make sure that the sleep mode is activated, since otherwise you will not be able to download the games from the PlayStation Store app for Android.
To do this, you have to go to the ‘Settings’ section and look for the option ‘Energy saving settings’ and then select press the option to configure functions available in sleep mode.
This way you can keep the console connected to the network even if you are not using it. This is how the PS4 will start the downloads as soon as we indicate it from the PlayStation Store app. On the other hand, we must have logged in with the same account that we will be using from our Android phone to download and organize the PS4 games.
Steps to download games to PS4 from Android
Next we will show you the steps you must follow so that you can download games to the PS4 from Android quickly and easily.
- You have to download the PlayStation application on your mobile device. To do this you simply have to go to the Google Play Store and type in the search engine ‘PlayStation App’.
- Then click on the first of the results and then select the ‘Install’ button. Then wait a few minutes for the download and installation process to finish.
- Now, you must log in to the app with your PlayStation Network account and select the PlayStation Store icon that is located in the upper left part of the Android mobile screen.
- In this way you can buy the games you want to play on your console and we can even do it with the demos that catch our attention.
- After confirming the purchase, click on the option ‘Download to PS4’ from the app to start the download in your PlayStation Network account.
- Now, to download a game that we have gotten for free on the PS4, you have to go to the ‘Account’ option found in the upper right part of the screen.
- At that time you can access your purchase history to find the game you just purchased.
- After finding it, hit the ‘Download to your PS4’ option for the download to start immediately in your account.
- In this way, when you get home you will have the game ready to play from the comfort of your sofa.
Download games to my PS4 from my computer
In case you want to use your computer to download games to your PS4 , we tell you that you can also do it very easily. To do this, you just have to follow the following steps that we will show you below.
- First of all, you have to open our browser of choice and enter the official page of the PlayStation Store.
- Then you must log in to your account associated with the console and search for the game you want to download , either a demo or the full version and confirm the download by clicking on the ‘Download to PS4’ button
- Later, go to the purchase history, select the game that you are going to download and select the option ‘Download’.
- This will start the download on your console, as long as you have the sleep mode activated. Also remember to be connected to the internet, otherwise it will not start.
- Finally, you should keep in mind that this is a very useful way to protect your PS4 account so that no one can download games from your account without your consent.
We are done for today! If this new post has been useful for you, then don’t forget to share it with all your contacts through social networks. See you next time!