YouTube, an incredible platform that provides endless benefits, is known as the number one most used platform . Every second millions of viewers consume and create content through it. It is undoubtedly one of the most effective tools to publicize ideas, art and general information. And you can find anything on YouTube.
If you want to start creating content using this platform, it is your lucky day, because we are going to teach you how to customize the design of your channel (even modify the cover photo of your channel), create sections and organize each video step by step.
Create sections on your YouTube channel step by step
There is nothing better than providing your viewers with organized sections where they can choose which videos to enjoy. If you still don’t know very well how to create a YouTube section, don’t worry, here we show you how to do it by following these steps:
- The first step to creating a YouTube section is to access your YouTube Studio account .
- Go to the menu on the left and select “Personalization.”
- Select the option “Design”, there, you will find the option “Add section”, select it.
- Then use the down arrow and select all the videos you want to put in your new section. In this option you will find your Videos, popular uploads, playlist and channels.
- For the final step just click on “Publish”.
As you can see, it is very easy to create sections in your YouTube channel, we recommend that you have the ideas for the section you want to create very well raised, because this way you will avoid editing and editing each of the sections . Still don’t know how to edit a section? Relax, here we show you how to do it.
Edit your YouTube sections
It may be that when creating your sections you decide to change for some content in that section, we know that when starting to create content, ideas can evolve until reaching the desired result. In order to edit your sections on YouTube you must follow the following steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- Locate the menu on the left, press it and select the option “Personalization”.
- Now select “Design”.
- Now, click on options, it is the row of three horizontal points, you can find this in any of the sections you want to edit.
- Then select the ” Edit section content ” option.
- In the editing screen you will have the option to change the content of your section as you wish.
- To save, click ” Publish “.
Sort the sections of your channel
Maintaining orderly content is essential when it comes to providing good professional-level YouTube content, the option to order appears at the moment you publish a video, but if you want to reorder it to improve your channel follow these steps:
- Access your username in YouTube Studio.
- In the menu on the left press “personalization”.
- Then select “Design.”
- Click the vertical bar and drag and drop the videos in the order you want.
- As a final step, click on publish and all the changes you made will be saved.
Place the featured sections
Customizing the design of your YouTube channel is important in maintaining and attracting loyal users, from the best video to creating the best thumbnail for your channel. Controlling your sections in order will allow you to make it easier for the viewer to enjoy the content you publish in an orderly manner. One way to help your users enjoy your content is to place the most prominent sections.
The YouTube platform only allows you to place a maximum of 10 featured sections , which you can select by default. Just follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- Select the menu on the left side of the platform and select “customize.”
- Select “Design.”
- In the section options press the button ” Select highlighted sections “, select the ones you want.
- And finally select “Publish” so that all your changes are saved correctly.
Now that you know how to create sections on your YouTube channel, nothing can stop you from developing yourself and propel you to fame with your unique and improved content .