Welcome! If you have recently bought a Nintendo Switch and want to know a little more about the advantages and functions it offers, then you have reached the indicated post. Later we will talk about the function of creating a family group for Nintendo Switch online to share games quickly and easily.
What is a Nintendo Family Group?
In a family group of a Nintendo account, up to 8 users can be connected in a single group regardless of the type of account each one has. Users with the following types of accounts can be in these groups:
- An administrator account, who will be in charge of managing the group (there cannot be more than one administrator per group).
- General Nintendo Accounts.
- Supervised Nintendo Accounts, which are generally for users under the age of 16.
- Parent / Guardian accounts used to manage Nintendo eShops restrictions on supervised group accounts. In addition, other parental controls can be managed from the device or through an app downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store for smartphones (Android or iOS).
Steps to create a family group for Nintendo Switch online to share games
In this first section we will show you the entire process you must follow in order to create a family group for Nintendo Switch online to share games. Without a doubt, this process is very simple and it will not take you long if you follow the steps that we will show you below to the letter.
- The first thing you should do is create a Nintendo account, for this you must go to the official Nintendo website and follow the steps that appear there.
- Simply enter a Gmail email account and password that meets the security requirements. After creating your account you can link it with Twitter, Facebook or Apple.
- Then you have to select the image of your profile and you will see that several options appear. At this point, select the option that says ‘Family Group’.
- Next, click on the option ‘Add a member’ and you will see that a screen appears where you must click on the option ‘Invite to the family group’.
- Now, you must enter the email address of the person you want to add to the family group. Then select the ‘Submit’ button located just below the field where you entered the email address of the person you want to add to the group.
- To continue, the person you have added must check their inbox to see if they have received an email with the invitation to join the family group .
- In that email you will find a link, which will take you to the Nintendo home page where you must choose the option ‘join a family group’.
- Subsequently, an email will arrive in the inbox to notify us that the person has successfully joined our family group.
Points to consider
Next we will talk about certain important aspects that you must take into account when creating a family group for Nintendo Switch online .
- An important aspect is that the invitation will only be valid for 24 hours. After this period of time, you will have to repeat the steps above to send a new invitation.
- You should also keep in mind that the person who created the family group will be the group administrator, that is, he is in charge of paying the subscription, adding or deleting participants from the group.
- Also, you must remember that the My Nintendo activity, that is, the missions or the points, are not shared between the members of the family group. This means that only the person who earns the My Nintendo points has the option to redeem them.
- Finally, we remind you that you can only add up to 7 people to a family group . That is, you can have a family group with less than seven people, but not more than seven.
We have already finished! If the information in this post has been useful to you, remember to share it with all your friends who have a Nintendo Switch. See you in the next post!