This three-dimensional graphic effect called 3D is undoubtedly one of the most used effects in the world. It is used in all graphic arts, especially in posters, banners, magazines, among others.
With technological advances, this effect began to be used in the cinema more than a decade ago and now with the new Smart TVs , we can appreciate it in the comfort of our homes.
We know that you want this effect in your work, but you don’t have the most recent version of Photoshop with its functions, which would make your job easier. Don’t worry we will help you, in this article we explain step by step how to create a 3D text effect without using 3D tools in Photoshop.
Create a 3D effect without using 3D tools in Photoshop
- Select a background, go to the Photoshop toolbar, use the “text” function, write the phrase that you will apply the 3D effect.
- In the right part of your screen a new layer was created, click on it with the right button of your mouse, a window will appear then press « convert into a smart object «.
- After shading the text and pressing the right button on your mouse, a window will appear select “perspective”. Modify the height and width you want.
- Press “Enter” to apply the changes.
- Duplicate the text many times on top of itself to give it thickness, make sure that the black arrow next to the layer points in the same direction as the others.
- When you have the desired thickness, select all the layers, right click on your mouse and choose “combine layers”.
- Now you only have two layers, the base and the combination of all the ones you duplicated.
- Double-click on the layer with the duplicates, a window will appear go to « Gradient Overlay «, with this tool you will make an interesting effect to your text.
- After modifying the gradient to your criteria, go to ” drop shadow ” in the same properties window, this to simulate that your text is on a surface.
You already have incredible 3D text , with practice you will be an expert creating this effect, it is as easy as creating custom textures in Photoshop. And we are sure that you will apply this style in many of your works.
There are many tools in your old version of Photoshop to give your images an original touch and enviable effects, one of these is PINK & BLUE. It is about modifying the colors of your image to pinks and blues, you see this effect more on Instagram where people play with the tools of light, shadow and contrast to create professional images, here we will explain how to create it easily.
How to create the effect, Pink & Blue
- Duplicate the image twice, then convert it to ” smart object “.
- Go to the top menu and press “filter”, an options window will appear select “Raw filter”.
- The tones and colors editor will open.
- Go to temperature and with the white arrow in the middle of the color line, you will bring the coldest tones of your image to blue.
- Then in hue do the same as in the previous step. The temperature will make the warmest colors of your image red.
- We recommend playing with contrast and lighting, the more details your image has, the better the Pink & Blue effect will look.
- Go to ” HSL / Grayscale ” it is the fifth icon in the editor, it will take you to “tones” and you will focus on “reds and blues”, with the white arrow that we explained previously modify the tones to your criteria
- when you are satisfied with the effect you created, press “accept” to save the changes.
You have already learned two incredible effects to apply to your work, so easy how to create a custom color palette. Keep reading on our page to continue knowing and using the new Photoshop effects, so you can give your images that unique and striking style that you want so much.