Today the vast majority of people have an internet connection in their homes, as well as in offices and open spaces. But one of the main problems in large Internet networks is the problem of non-existent or slow connection, which prevents us from using it correctly.
That is why there are WiFi signal repeaters on the market and among them the TP-Link repeaters stand out, which facilitate access to the Internet connection quickly and can be used through electronic devices such as Smartphones, tablets, consoles, laptops, Smart TV , among others, setting up a wireless network.
In this article we will show you how to configure and connect the TP-Link extender repeater to increase my wireless network.
How to configure the TP-Link Extender repeater
The main function of TP-Link repeaters is to send WiFi coverage to access areas that a router or WiFi modem does not reach, with the aim of improving the signal in the required area with more power and speed. If you want to acquire the most up-to-date TP-Link you can enter its official website so that you are aware of the new.
In this step by step we will teach you two different techniques to achieve a successful setup.
Configure with WPS button and Range Extender
- To begin, you need to verify that your router or modem has the WPS system equipped and for this we must verify that the WPS button is on the outside of the equipment.
- When you locate the button, you must connect the TP-Link repeater to an outlet that is near the modem or router.
- You must wait a few seconds for the repeater to turn on completely.
- After turning on we must press the WPS button that is on the router or modem for 3 seconds and then release it to quickly press the Range Extender button that is on the repeater and press it for another 3 seconds.
- At the end of the pairing process with the modem or router, we must disconnect from the power outlet and there move it to the final place.
- It is advisable to install it in the middle of the home or office where there are more signal problems.
- If you have doubts about the configuration of the WiFi repeater, you must make sure that the lights of the external circle of the equipment are on.
Configure via computer without WPS button
- First we must connect the TP-Link repeater into a nearby outlet, once we have connected it, we must wait a few seconds until the external light begins to flash.
- Then we must connect the equipment to the computer, by ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- In the case of connecting by ethernet cable, it is necessary that you disconnect your computer from any wireless network.
- At that time we must connect the WiFi repeater to the computer via ethernet cable.
- If otherwise we must connect it wirelessly we must do so by disconnecting the cable connection. By clicking on the wireless networks option found on your desktop and then updating to connect the TP-Link repeater, to locate it we must bear in mind that the factory name is “TP-LINK_Extender_XXXXXX” .
- When you have finished doing either of these two ways, you should continue with these steps
- Open your favorite browser and in the navigation bar you must type “tplinkrepeater.net” and press “enter”.
- Within this page you will find several methods, but you will have to choose the one that suits your needs, when you have chosen an option the page will ask you for a password and a username where you must put “admin” in both boxes.
- Upon entering with the username and password, a “quick configuration” page will appear and there select the WiFi network of the modem or router.
- You will write the password of the WiFi of your main modem or router.
- At the end you only have to check the led lights that are on the outside of the equipment and that will indicate the intensity of the signal. If all the lights come on, it will indicate that the configuration has been successful.