In today’s tutorial we are going to tell you how to change the color of WhatsApp without applications on Android so that you can customize it as you like.
You can change the WhatsApp mode from light to dark. If you use the latter, you will consume less battery. To change the WhatsApp mode, carry out the following sequence: Settings> Chats> Theme.
As you can see, it is very easy to change the background of the conversations and go to dark mode in WhatsApp for Android devices.
If you want to change more details such as the format or the color of the WhatsApp logo or even the complete application, you must download alternative versions of WhatsApp such as WhatsApp Jmods.
The problem with these applications is that they are not official versions, you must download an APK file from the browser and many times they have viruses that can damage your computer or permanently ban your WhatsApp account.
How to change the color of WhatsApp conversations without applications fast and easy
In this section we are going to tell you how you can change the color of WhatsApp conversations or change the background without the need to resort to third-party apps. Doing so is very simple and will only take a few minutes. Do you have your Android device nearby? Let’s get started.
Enter WhatsApp and click on the icon with the three dots in the upper corner of the screen to see the options. Look in it for “Settings” and enter this section. Once inside, click on Chats and on the next screen “Background”.
You can choose between:
- Eliminate the background leaving a light gray color in your conversations
- By default your conversations will have the classic WhatsApp background.
- A solid color, you must choose one of the colors that it offers you.
- Gallery, which will give you the option of using an image from your photo gallery
- Wallpaper gallery to use WhatsApp backgrounds. We must download the wallpaper pack called WhatsApp Wallpaper from Play Store.
How to change the color of WhatsApp on Android in a few steps
You can also change the background of the conversations change the color of WhatsApp and we are not talking about the light or dark screen mode. You can add a touch of style to your device, but you will need some tools.
Doing it is simple, we will explain the step by step so that you can do it without any problem. To start you must root your phone and download the following applications:
- Substratum : Android theme manager.
- Andromeda : It is a pluing that prevents us from having to root the device.
- EWhats Color : In charge of coloring our app.
If you have an Android 8.0 oreo or higher operating system, you can download a paid app called Andromeda if you don’t want to root your device. If you do, you should skip the verification step for Substratum.
For it to work you must activate the development settings and activate USB debugging. You must do it from a computer if you have Android oreo 8.0 you must download the official thread from XDA Developers to your computer and do the following:
- With Mac, mount the DGM file as a drive and connect your mobile to your computer.
- If you have a Linux computer, unzip the file and connect the mobile to the computer with the app open. Open a terminal and type the command: “./start_andromeda.sh”.
- If your computer is Windows instead, unzip the ZIP, connect the mobile with the Andromeda app open on the phone and unzip the file.
With the three procedures, you should see on your device that Andromeda turns green and allows you to run Substratum.
Now you need to configure EWhats Color. Once you have done the previous step make sure WhatsApp is updated and open EWhats Color and check the WhatsApp box to customize it.
Now you just have to choose the color you want the app to have on your mobile . In the first option, the color you choose will change the buttons, the aesthetic details. Choose the color and click on Compile and activate in the upper corner of the screen.
When you finish choosing the colors, close the app and go to Substratum. Go to “Manager> EWhats Color> Activate selected”. Ready, you have fully personalized WhatsApp.