Today we will see how I can delete contacts from Messenger . As we make use of the social network and our mobile device, it is quite common to add more and more contacts, either thanks to the Android calendar or to Facebook friends.
Messenger takes the contacts of your mobile device and your friends to confine them in its app so that in this way you can talk to all of them from a single place. But if you want to delete Messenger contacts and you are not sure how to do it then we are going to explain it in detail a little further down.
It is quite simple, although depending on how a contact appeared in Messenger it can be deleted in one way or another . We will see step by step how you should do to delete a contact and friend from Facebook Messenger.
What you should keep in mind is that sometimes you will need to remove certain people from friends on Facebook so that they stop appearing on Messenger. In case you want to do this because someone is bothering you or sending you spam messages, perhaps the option to block that person can also help you.
How to delete contacts from Messenger
- Open the Messenger app on either Android or iOS.
- Next, you must click on the contacts icon that appears at the bottom of the screen. From left to right is the second.
- It directs you to a section with all the suggested people and new connections. Here you will have to click on ” All people ” found at the top.
- Here you can see all the contacts you currently have. So you will have to find who you want to delete and then click on the button with the “i” of information that is to the right of each contact.
- By clicking on this button a pop-up window appears with information about the person in question. You will appreciate that you have two options: the first is Delete contact while the second is to send a message. We press on the first one.
You must bear in mind that some contacts cannot be deleted from Messenger since they are actually Facebook friends . The contacts that you can delete from Messenger are those that are added to the app thanks to your Android contact book.
How to delete a friend contact on Facebook
In case you want to delete a friend contact that you have in Messenger, you will have to delete it from Facebook. To do this, follow the steps that you will see below:
- To do this you have to go to Facebook and search for that person. For this you can use the search engine or from the friends section of your profile.
- Once in the profile of that person you have to click on the option ” Friends ” and a menu with several options will appear.
- Among all these, the one you must choose is ” Remove from the friends list “.
- Another pop-up window appears where it asks us if we really want to remove that person from our friends. Here we have to confirm to be able to delete that Messenger contact .
In case you can still see that person in Messenger it means that you still have them as a contact in the Android phonebook. However, now you can eliminate it without any kind of problems. In case you do not have the number of that person, it will be automatically removed from the messaging app.
It’s that simple to learn how to delete contact from Messenger. In a matter of minutes you can have the contact list with only those people you want to talk to, if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial. You can leave it a little further down in the comments section.